Saturday, July 9, 2016

2016-17 School Year

I hope everyone is having a nice summer!  Happy almost new (school) year to many---and for year rounders---happy year, wherever you are!  :-)

Though I have tried to update the static pages on the site in the past, it has been a long time since I've made regular blog posts, and I hope to get back to updating information more regularly this school year.  However, I need help from readers and local businesses and groups that provide services or resources to homeschoolers.  If you would like for something to be posted on the blog or site, please send an email to kimclayhs (at) gmail (dot) com.

Meanwhile, as we are embarking on high school this year in our own home school---I have started a Homeschooling High School page on the site.  While there are many, many online resources and books---this list is a basic starting point.  I hope others may find it helpful.

Speaking of homeschooling and high school, ROCK Solid is sponsoring some high school workshops during their annual hotel show which will be held on August 6th this year.  I received an email yesterday mentioning that the workshops would include: High School 101, Curriculum Choices, Time Management and others.  You can register for workshops and find out more here.  Speakers include Joanne Mastronicola, Amy Clay, and Lindley Rachal.  Sounds like a wonderful opportunity to learn (and shop)!

No comments:

Post a Comment